Sonoma State Wine Business Institute
Where Will Sonoma State University Take You?
Located in the heart of a World-Class Wine Region
Sonoma State University (SSU) is based in the heart of Northern California’s famed and world-class wine region, Sonoma County.
An hour’s drive north of San Francisco, Sonoma County boasts beautiful seashore beaches, hiking trails, towering redwoods, famed mountain biking, the Russian River, rolling vineyards, wineries, and an array of idyllic small and medium-sized towns.
The SSU campus is located in Rohnert Park, California, and offers a unique balance of academics, community, and lifestyle. SSU’s campus is picturesque with lakes, forests, and meandering walking paths among notable buildings, including the School of Business & Economics’ state-of-the-art facilities in Stevenson Hall, the Wine Spectator Learning Center, and our world-class Green Music Center.
Study with talented wine business professionals who bring rich experience and global perspectives to challenges and opportunities faced by wine business leaders in domestic and international markets around the world.
Program Learning Objectives:
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to make strategic business decisions
- Recognize and apply techniques for managing and motivating employees
- Design purpose-driven business solutions that can contribute towards a more sustainable world
- Navigate an ever-changing global environment
- Duration: 1 Year Full-Time / 2 Years Part-Time
- Schedule: Weekday Evenings
- Program Start: August
- Location: Hybrid (SSU Campus & Online)
- Minimum Work Experience: 2 Years Professional
Our Executive MBA in Wine Business Curriculum and Program Structure
This innovative hybrid Executive MBA program is focused on wine business and is composed of powerful, experiential, project-based curricula divided into five online sessions. In between the five sessions are four in-person leadership residentials, three conducted in California, and one internationally. The program culminates in California with two days of final project presentations and a graduation celebration.
Top Four Reasons Graduates Pursue a WINE EMBA:
- Advance Career Opportunities
- Develop Professional Leadership Skills
- Improve Job Effectiveness
- Increase Salary Potential
- Perform situation analysis of a firm’s internal and external environments (including macro-economic analysis)
- Apply financial tools used to support business decisions
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing (delivering a professional presentation)
- Critically evaluate problems and arrive at well-reasoned solutions
- Describe and apply major leadership theories to solve business situations
- Engage and provide feedback to teammates to earn trust and achieve desired outcomes
- Duration: 18 months
- Program Start: October
- Minimum Work Experience: 6 Years Professional
* Program schedule, activities, locations, and delivery modes are subject to change.
About the Wine Business Institute
The Wine Business Institute (WBI) serves as an intellectual and industry center for faculty, students, and the business community. Founded in 1996 as a partnership between the wine industry and the School of Business and Economics at Sonoma State University, the WBI provides cutting-edge research that informs industry best practices and program curriculum. The WBI offers online and in-person wine-focused degrees and industry certifications.
About Our Facilities – Wine Spectator Learning Center
Home to our Graduate and Professional Wine Business Certificate program, the Wine Spectator Learning Center is an education and industry hub designed around advanced-technology classrooms, a student commons and gardens, and a collaborative space for faculty and business leaders.
About Sonoma State University’s School of Business and Economics
Sonoma State University’s School of Business and Economics offers a range of undergraduate and graduate programs focused on providing students with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in today’s dynamic business environment. With an emphasis on experiential learning and a faculty dedicated to teaching and research, the school is committed to preparing the next generation of business leaders.
CERTIFICATE & DEGREE PROGRAMS
- Online Certificate in Wine Business Management
- Online Certificate in Wine Industry Finance and Accounting
- BS in Business Administration with a Concentration in Wine Business Strategies
- Executive MBA: Global Wine Business
- MBA: Wine Business
Your name and email address are held in strictest confidence by MajoringInWine.com and Sonoma State Wine Business Institute and will not be shared with anyone else.